Connecting With Thoth
Thoth
Photo Credit: Crimson Chains
I remember when I started noticing Thoth's presence around me. At first, I recognized him as Hermes and Mercury. Would notice images of the caduceus pop up in videos I'd watch on YouTube. Got my attention one day with a Hermes Music t-shirt a friend wore to work. Then while surfing for videos to watch, I came across a video about self-initiation and finding your deity. My interest was already peaked, and I thought it to be a sign...more clues to confirm what I knew to be true. The energy of the video (listed below) was very welcoming and down to earth as Shy The Gemini spoke about her own experiences with Oya, the Orisha of winds, lightning and violent storms, death and rebirth. She also explained that Oya is an energy and is an aspect of herself...not a separate Being or Deity she worshipped. This lined up with my own feelings about worshipping things and giving my energy away. I felt empowered after watching the video...empowered and confident that one of the energies around me is in fact Hermes.
My Friend Nathan
Photo Credit: S.C. Hughes
I didn't do what she did exactly. Prepared with my intention, I set aside time to sit alone in a quiet space with a tea light lit. I saged my space prior to beginning, ensuring any old, stagnant or unwanted energy were cleared and didn't interfere with the ritual. Briefly did some breathing exercises to help me get centered and be present in the moment. I began speaking with A.A. Michael, thanking Him for protecting me and for ensuring I was speaking to the intended energy, and I also thanked my Spirit team for their love and guidance, expressing gratitude in all areas. I remember not wanting to sound over dramatic or not wanting to use a bunch of fancy words. I just wanted to be myself, and talk to the energy like I would a friend. So I began with gratitude. "Thank You for being here with me....for guiding me in new directions. Showing me the way back to me. I am grateful for you, and ask that you reveal yourself to me...this energy that is me. Show me who you are. Thank You. With Love + Gratitude, Shannon." I sat in silence for a bit until i felt myself drifting off. Got up and carried on with my day. It didn't take long for the energy is reveal itself. I even did an oracle card reading asking if Hermes was the energy that surrounds me. The card said "Listen To Your Intuition." I knew it my gut it was him. The number caduceus sighting increasing. From Facebook to Instagram to Youtube. Hermes made his presence know. He even directed me to Hermeticism and the 7 Hermetic Principles, which is when I realized it was Thoth communicating with me. I was amazed, excited and ready for what was in store for me and the new awareness of an ancient energy within myself.
Angel Answers Oracle Card
Oracle Card Illustrator: Nick C. Welch
Screenshot of my Recommended Videos On Youtube
Picture depicting Thoth consulting his Spirit Guides.
The funniest confirmation I've received thus far. Lol!
Photo Credit: Unknown
Another confirmation came through a dear friend. She had been using S. Ali Meyers' book Deity Linkage Manual: How To Find Your Gods & Goddesses Using Numerology and posted about it in her Facebook group. No coincidence. I love numbers, and of course, here comes another confirmation. I immediately checked on Amazon for this book, and who do I see on the cover...none other the Thoth himself. I knew I was on the right path. After reading the ebook and following the instructions (using the Chaldean numerology chart to find my life path, expression, gift and soul urge numbers), I found Thoth in 3 out of 4 categories. (For me, Venus was the only deity under the Expression category, which makes sense because Venus is, after all, the ruling planet of Libra and I...am a Libra).
Excited about my new adventure, over the course of a week I found out as much I could about Thoth and found him to appear under other names. He is called Tehuti, Hermes Trismegistus, some even say he is Merlin. Thoth is said to govern alchemy, writing, magic, wisdom, science and language. He is also credited for the invention of astrology, geometry and medicine and is the author of The Emerald Tablets of Thoth. As Hermes, he is a messenger and governs language, communication, travel, writing and is a patron of music. What resonated with me most was writing, wisdom, communication and music, all of which I am passionate about. This was the connection I was looking for. A wider view through the peep hole of my journey. I felt like I was a few steps closer to rediscovering who I was and was very excited to tap into this energy.
I set aside time to connect with Thoth again. My intention was to connect using writing. It made sense to connect with him that way, since writing is what we both had in common. I asked him "What do you want say?" and moments later, I began writing. With the appearance of words came a subtle voice in my mind.
"You are one of the most beautiful Beings in Our Universe. Your soul's energy reaches across lightyears of a World where we first met. I loved you with a fire so bright I could see darkness in no one. You were my epiphany. My truest desires. A recognition of the God within through means of self discovery. The journey back to oneself. I knew once you've awaken you'd search for me. You always search for me, Diana."
I read and reread the message I'd written, wondering if He was speaking specifically to me or was this addressed to humanity. And who was Diana? Honestly, I hesitated when I writing that name. Even scratched it out. But I recognized my ego interfering, frowning on the femininity of the name. Thinking the name didn't resonate with me. Smh. The interference confirmed that the name was to stay, as it was guided for me to write. I decided to look up Diana, already knowing her to be a Roman Goddess. But the first definition I came across what now about her...not directly anyway.
noun
- a North American fritillary (butterfly), the male of which is orange and black and the female blue and black.
Female North American Fritillary
Photo Credit: Patrick Crone at Wilson Creek Gorge in North Carolina
Butterflies represent transformation, and what comes to mind is the transformation involved in rediscovering who we are. What also comes to mind is alchemy, the process of taking something ordinary and turning it into something extraordinary, and transmutation, the action of changing or the state of being changed into another form, which are both governed by Thoth. I believe it is his intention for Us to see the beauty in the process of our becoming as we retrace the steps that lead Us back to our true nature. Embracing the processes of transformation and transmutation that cannot be skipped over in the attainment of self awareness. In our many lifetimes, we've searched for the truth of who we were. Subscribing to many beliefs in order to grasp the awareness of The Spirit within. And after searching we may find ourselves face to face with the thing we desire most. To me, Thoth is the aspect of Us that seeks itself. Since my journey began in 2015, I wanted nothing more than to find out the Truth of my origins...to know who I am. And now I find this Truth to have been with me the entire time. I know there is much more to come from this energy, and I look forward to the transformation that comes with self discovery.
https://www.el9shop.com/product/deity-linkage-manual-how-to-find-your-gods-goddesses-using-numerology/
Thank you Thoth for making your presence known to me and for guiding me back home. I am forever grateful.
~Shann~
Angels of Atlantis Oracle Card - Transmutation
Illustrator: Richard Crookes
Check out Shy The Gemini's video on Finding Your Deity right here!!!
Check out S. Ali Myers' book Deity Linkage at the links below!!!
https://www.el9shop.com/product/deity-linkage-manual-how-to-find-your-gods-goddesses-using-numerology/








Comments
Post a Comment